Monday, August 27, 2012

First Painted 25/28mm Ever

Yes, up until this year I had never painted any miniature bigger than 20mm.  Our club was getting interested in doing skirmish Napoleonic wargaming at the beginning of the year, so since I had a bag of Old Glory British advancing infantry sitting around, I figured I would give it a go.  I have seen so many great painted 25/28mm figures out there, I did not want to even try, but thought I couldn't go wrong by starting with just one figure.  It turned out to be easier than I thought.  I will never match the great 25/28mm painters I game with.  I have been painting up some of this scale for War of 1812.  No plans to go big into this scale, just at the skirmish level, and try to avoid buying any terrain/buildings.  I'm happy with the 10-15mm scales.


I ended up putting too much black Citadel wash over the whole figure...oops.

A future posting, you will get to see some British/Canadian War of 1812 I have finished.  I am really impressed with the Knuckleduster Miniatures.

5 comments:

  1. He looks good, look forward to more of them.

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work. An excellent result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Far better than my first 25mm attempts....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fine to me Eric! But I've gotta agree on the Knuckleduster figures, they make your mouth water!!

    ReplyDelete