Monday, September 1, 2014

Tacticon 2014

Another year at Tacticon has come and gone.  Saturday I popped in to see how things were going.  I visited the vendor area and saw the historical miniatures games.  The convention was not that busy, but the games were well attended.

I didn't buy much in the vendor area, but was surprised to see that the previous owner of JR Miniatures has started up another company selling terrain/buildings.  Their main focus is 15mm and 28mm WWII.  It looks great, but I am not into either of those scales in WWII.  Their web site is www.novusdesign.net.  They have some very good designs.

It was a little disappointing to see so little historical miniature games at the convention, but as I said, the games were well attended.  So I guess it is better than having no one show up to your game because there are too many games.  I ran my Raid on Black Rock, War of 1812, 28mm skirmish game on the Sunday.  It went very well.

Miniatures room
Warhammer 40k Tournament
DBA Tournament
ACW game


Flames of War Tournament

 

No comments:

Post a Comment