Sunday, February 22, 2015

Genghis Con 2015

I'll preface this first by saying I forgot my camera on Saturday, but I did have it Sunday.

Miniature Games Room
Another good Denver convention!  Lots of gamers this year.  I popped in Saturday morning and joined in a Square Bashing WWI game.  It was an eastern front Russians vs. Germans/Austrians.  I played the Germans and unfortunately could not hold back the Russians.  Fun game, and probably the best Square Bashing game I've had to date.  Since the convention is really split up into two separate buildings and we are all in different rooms, I didn't browse around much of the convention.

It looked like all the historical miniatures games were full (last year there were empty games).  I also checked out the vendor area.  As usual, almost no historical miniature related vendors.  But always fun to talk with Robert and Nancy of Novus Design Studio.  For those that do not know, they are the original creators of JR Miniatures.  They are now busy building up a new line of buildings.  Their buildings look great and I recommend them.  I would have bought something, but everything they carry I don't need.

Sunday I ran my WWII Blitzkrieg-Commander Normandy scenario "Second Battle of Buron."  My game was full, and it ran very well (more in a future blog post).  I couldn't doddle cleaning up my table as there was an X-Wing game after my game.  I usually don't have that issue, but maybe that is a good thing.  Maybe there will be more games on the Sunday.

What is there to complain about?  Not much, but once again there was registration issues.  The computer system was missing registered people.  Fortunately I was in the system.  One would think by now there would be no computer/database issues, but it seems like they love to reinvent the wheel every year.

Here are more pictures from gaming on Sunday:

DBA tournament (other tournaments were in a different building)

My game, turn 1 Canadians drop smoke.


Flames of War Vietnam game

No comments:

Post a Comment