I have browsed through TMP and the The Men Who Would Be Kings Facebook page and found a few good house rules. I wish there was an easier assembled source of house rules to read through.
I can see myself adding more house rules as I continue to playtest and play more games. So the list below may be updated after I post it.
- Commander-in-Chief figure added. This figure can move 12" and provide a +1 bonus to a Unit doing a Rally action within 6" of the figure.
- Instead of rolling two d6 to see if a key figure is killed, a roll of a 1 on a d12 will kill a key figure. Roll the d12 when rolling for potential hits on unit. This will speed up play.
- Each player and each Commander-in-Chief have a chit. This chit is drawn at random to determine which becomes active.
- Units with a flag or bugle gives a leadership bonus of 1. The example is a leader who starts at a 7+, with a flag figure, the leadership would be 6+. If it also has a bugler, then it would be 5+.
- Move and At the Double are merged together into Move action which is now basically At the Double (6" + 1d6" for movement).
- When failing a rally, but not routing the player has two option with the unit:
- Retreat to cover or in the open up to 12" and remove a pin marker.
- Stay in cover and do not remove a pin marker.
|Note the unit of 12 figures, one of the figures is replaced with a flag figure for the leadership bonus.|
In the back the Commander-in-Chief is within 6" and can provide a leadership bonus for a Rally action.
|American unit has a Bugler who gives a leadership bonus.|