Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2020

What is your oldest paint?

What is your oldest still workable paint in your collection?  I wondered what mine is.

This has come up in discussion with fellow painters a bunch of times.  I finally decided to check my Humbrol enamel tin collection.  My initial guess was from the 1980s, since that was when I switched from the cheap small glass Testor pots to Humbrol enamel tins.  This was before the historical miniature wargaming hobby when I was just painting up plastic model kits.


Well...after checking, I have two tins from the 1970s.  I must have bought them in the 1980s from stock that was still on the shelf.  Maybe even into the early 1990s.  These have English and French languages because I bought these in Canada.

Here is my earlier post on my Humbrol paints: LINK

2 comments:

  1. I have 3 bottles of GWs 1985 inks and they are still useable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inks...impressive. I figured those would have dried up.

      Delete