Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2021

6mm Samurai: 2D6 vs Baccus


I have chosen to dive back into Samurai miniature wargaming again.  I didn't get too far last time with 15mm.  I have always been a big fan of the Samurai period in Japan, but I think the quantity of 15mm I needed to paint up for Killer Katanas rules basically did me in.

I saw the Commands and Colors: Samurai on GMT P500, so decided to put in an order.  I figured it had a lot of good scenarios and maybe could be used with miniatures, like I've seen with other Commands and Colors games.

Rather than 15mm, this time round I am giving 6mm a go.  I went with the 2D6 6mm Samurai Kickstarter that included their ruleset.  I like the detail in the miniatures, but not a fan of how brittle they are.  I figured I should give Baccus a go, so I ordered their Samurai Army pack.  This would give me a good variety of miniatures to paint up.  From what I see so far, they look good.  I will probably focus on just the Baccus, but might fill in a few with 2D6.

I decided to make a video comparing the two companies 6mm Samurai side by side.




No comments:

Post a Comment